Hours: 39 per week
Day: 5 per week
Salary: 40500 per annum
Employer: Orbit Itech Ltd
Posting Date: 12/08/2018
Closing Date: 12/09/2018
We are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class System Administrator to join our growing team within core IT. The position responsibilities involve delivering the system, configuration and network connectivity of interdependent scaling projects across several data center locations. The System Administrator will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution in association with Project Managers.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working autonomously, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has experience in supporting large scale, enterprise class systems and networks. They will be highly competent in all aspects of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of servers, software and network connectivity, all combined with a proven project delivery methodology. This position will work under limited supervision to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation systems and to assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our systems as we expand.
System Administrator is expected to work within established best practices, assist to refine operational procedures and constantly think proactively and innovatively. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous, collaborative environment is essential for success in Orbit Itech Ltd.
• B Sc in Computer Science; or Certification in a relevant field (Linux+, MCSA, CCNA) and up to 5 years of System Administration and Deployment experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Deliver a simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
• Managing the operations of a IT service provider to ensure that services are running without disruption on a day to day basis.
• Planning, configuring and managing with RIPE and ISP for IPV4 address and ASN for the data center of the company and operating the up gradation task of Whois database on regular basis.
• Managing company’s network services for Multihome BGP with IIG and IX operator.
• Experience of Linux and Windows server administration, competence in scripting (shell scripting), proven experience of software compilation, installation and management,
• Experience of managing/configuring web servers i.e Apache, httpd, and
• Experience of managing/configuring virtualization environment i.e, VMWare
• Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of MySQL/MSSQL.
• Designing, Configuring, managing, tuning and maintaining array of routers, servers network switches and IT equipment at data centre environment of the company.
• Work closely with our developer team & IT Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of established designs and products.
• Good understanding of could infrastructure technologies, including Servers, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls at the enterprise level.
• Knowledge for automating and orchestrating workloads on Public Clouds.
• Automation experience with at least one configuration management system such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, or other such tools. Knowledge with git and git workflows
• Knowledge in leveraging CI and CD tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Spinnaker) to automate testing and deployment.
• Knowledge in an Agile, fast paced, DevOps environment.
• Comfortability with small to medium and slightly complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment.
• Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs.
• Familiarity with major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc.)
• Strong understanding of Ethernet and IP networking.
• Background in large scale data center servers and network implementations and support.
• Experience working in virtualized enterprise solution environments.
• Knowledge or awareness of IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus.
Nontechnical Qualifications & Responsibilities
• Experience working to deadlines in high-pressure project environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
• Write and maintain world-class documentation and materials for customer and Rackspace internal audiences.
• SOW Creation
• Can present concepts in authoritative and clear manner to customers through white boarding, presentations and proposals
• Creative problem solver, will own issues until full resolution
• Ability to create wow / delighter moments with customers
• Effective with time management and expected deliverables
• Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal with great attention to detail
• Actively contribute to Best Practices, tool kit and methodologies within area of expertise
• Continued awareness of evolving technologies and implications for improvements
• Consultancy experience in the financial services sector would be an advantage Physical requirements
We offer excellent career development opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
The successful candidate (System Administrator) will be responsible for supporting and developing the Linux/DvOps Computing platform at from the server Hardware through to OS installation, configuration and maintenance.