Working as part of a senior pastry team you will demonstrate a flexible and adaptive hands-on approach in order to lead and guide a brigade of 16 talented patisserie professionals
You’ll showcase knowledge, skill and creativity for combining and working with quality British and international ingredients across a range of disciplines including bakery, chocolate & sugar work, desserts and classical patisserie. With an in depth and expansive knowledge of your trade you will be responsible for the continual development of new dishes for our menus and retail products for sale within our Café. You will of course be responsible for the sourcing of ingredients, the creation of menu specifications and recipe costings in conjunction with the Executive Pastry Chef to ensure the correct pricing and food cost percentages are achieved
You will also be an exceptional teacher, mentor and coach in order to develop your team’s pasty skills so that they reach their full potential; not only in the art of pastry but also over a range of kitchen skills including the daily sourcing of ingredients, development or menus and dishes, control of products, stock control and food cost; and of course ensuring that food hygiene is maintained to the highest level and HACCP controls are implemented.
- You will currently be an experienced Pastry Sous Chef, with proven experience working within a large multiple outlet hotel or large restaurant operation; we would also welcome applications from Junior Sous Chefs ready to take on the next step in their careers
- Be professionally trained with minimum NVQ Level 3 qualification in Patisserie or an international equivalent
- Have previous experience in the development of menus and retail products
- Have previous experience of managing a large kitchen brigade
- Be well versed in all aspects of kitchen management including budgeting and control of food cost
- The desire to join a hotel to grow and develop with a new and expanding luxury hotel group part of Leading hotels of the world
- A team player with the flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings and weekends in order to support the operation
- Competitive Salary + Service Charge
- 20 days holidays + 8 public holidays, rising to 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays after 5 years’ service
- Group Life Insurance Scheme and other Financial advice services
- Company Pension Scheme commencing in June 2016
- On duty meal, personalised uniforms provided and dry cleaned free of charge
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted Room rates, Spa and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts including subsidised chiropody
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Linked In by following the ‘Apply Now’ link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a CV that is fully up to date and correct.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates. Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.