Provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing brand standards, and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community.
Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
- Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
- Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
- Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Job Profile (M/W)
- Passionate leader with proven experiences in leadership, commercial awareness, problem solving and business acumen.
- Preferably with International experiences within a both corporate and well as leisure driven (branded) hotel environment.
- Sense of “Can-Do” attitude
- Able or experience to work with remote support in Finance, Sales and Revenue Management
- Guest orientated and sees F&B as an opportunity.
- Willing to relocate to live in the area.
- Has a strong commercial awareness and introduces ideas and proposals
- Has an enterprising attitude; creates chances and opportunities, looks for strategic possibilities
- Takes up challenges; both on costs and revenue wise, and always with the aim of added value
- Is a logical and clear thinker, thinks ahead, has a flexible mind and is open to change
- Recognizes problems at the front and devises effective and applicable solutions
- Is sociable and enthusiastic, easily building relations and gaining trust
- Communicates clearly, is convincing at all levels and well prepared for counter arguments
- Leads by example, taking responsibility and delegating when necessary
- Provides guidance and is confident in making decisions
- Has natural authority, is well respected and skilled in fostering change
- Is passionate and committed, in a realistic manner
- Shows flexibility and resilience when the going gets tough
Position is the top level in a full service property with multiple outlets and complex operations, which may include one or more of the following: multiple buildings with an extensive range of facilities and variety of technical aspects, complex owner relationships, extensive competitive pressures, difficult labor relations and/or union pressures.
Position typically reports to the Owner, Managing Director or Area General Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration
- Must speak fluent German and English. Other languages preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years
- of experience in holding a GM position in a key market within a large full service hotel.