Are you thinking of enhancing your career overseas? CAPS in Spain will offer this and much more:
CAPS (Conversation Assistant Programme for Schools) is a programme designed to place committed, young, dynamic and creative native English speakers in a Spanish school for 25 classroom hours per week as a Conversation Assistant (CA). Over the last six years we have placed over 1200 Conversation Assistants in more than 350 Spanish schools.
The role of the CA is to aid in improving teaching and student communication in English.
General tasks include: Assist in whole class alongside main teacher or individually with groups of students, help with questions related to pronunciation and forming sentence structures, assist with the preparation of classes or help to prepare complementary material/activities – for example; dialogues, quizzes, reading exercises, games, audiovisual activities, presentations, preparing displays, etc. and also help with the preparation of oral exams.
The programme provides a unique and unforgettable journey which has many professional and personal benefits:
Gain ¨real¨ classroom experience. Learn and grow in a highly reputable school, surrounded by professionals.
• Native English Speaker. The ability to speak Spanish is not required nor is the need to have previous teaching experience.
• Age between 18 and 30.
• Completed pre-university studies.
• No prior criminal convictions.
• Enthusiasm for working with children and encourage them to speak in English.
• An adaptable attitude and the ability to socialize and interact with people.
• Desire to live in a foreign country and make the most of the experience.
• Commitment to give their all during the full programme.