Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to gain a rewarding experience in Real Estate industry? Are you ready to challenge yourself in a dynamic and fast paced company? Do you have experience or expertise in Cleaning Services to share with others? If so, consider applying to the Cleaning Manager position.
CLEANING MANAGER (FAIRFAX, VA)
Position Title: Cleaning Manager
Duty Station: Fairfax, VA
Type of Appointment: Job
Duration: 12 months (Two months probation)
• To manage the work of a team of full time and part time cleaning operatives.
• To arrange cover in the event of absence and to agree overtime working as and when required.
• To organize the workload of the team, ensuring an even distribution of work.
• To assist in the advertisement for, interviewing and employment of, new and replacement cleaning operatives, as required, having first agreed such requirements with the Facilities Manager and the Personnel Department.
• To ensure that all cleaning operatives are adequately trained to an acceptable level, commensurate with the duties they are to perform.
• To ensure that the team of cleaning operatives perform to the standard required
• To monitor the performance of staff and take the necessary action to manage performance, having referred to the Facilities Manager and Personnel Department, as required.
• To order all cleaning materials required by the team, using agreed suppliers.
• To ensure that cleaning materials are used in a safe manner and are kept secure.
• To liaise with the Facilities Manager on a regular basis, dealing effectively with any problems or complaints that may arise.
• To maintain and carry out security procedures for college buildings and grounds in accordance with building’s policy, when required.
• To report to the Facilities Manager, or deputy, in the event of an emergency e.g. fire, flood, break-in, vandalism and accident. To take action as directed.
• To carry out necessary duties when fire, intruder and warning alarms are involved.
• Report to the Facilities Manager, or deputy, as requested.
• To carry out from time to time any other duties within the competence of the job holder, that may be reasonable required.
• Liaise regularly with the CLEENEES Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on important issues
• Represent CLEENEES at formal meetings, seminars, conferences and training.
• Other duties as assigned by President/Vice President & Chief Operating Officer (COO)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Knowledge and experience of cleaning operations on a significant scale.
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Experience of managing a large and busy team.
• Ability to delegate to appropriately, and develop the Supervisors and Charge-hand.
• Able to engage and influence staff to prioritise, reschedule and show flexibility in carrying out work in light of changing needs or due to absence or turnover.
• Strong organization, prioritization and communication skills, able to work within time constraints and prioritize task according to the needs.
• Awareness and understanding of Health and Safety standards.
• Ability to provide training and guidance to staff on standards.
• Able to use standard IT packages – Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel – as well and capacity to learn and fully utilize the departmental time and attendance system.
• Awareness, and ability to work well within, a diverse workforce.
• Have a knowledge of various cleaning equipment.
If interested, send your Resume/CV and brief description of your motivation