We are an independent backpacker hostel who caters for the budget conscious working traveler.
We are looking for a confident, proactive individual with lots of enthusiasm, personality and gumption.
As Hostel Manager, we expect that you will have strong understanding of how to address building maintenance, housekeeping, human resources, in-house activities, sales, marketing & promotions.
You will be expected to lead your team from the front. Have a strong eye for detail, be customer focused and computer literate.
Being a small operation you would be working in all facets of the business.
Daily duties include managing the operations and staff of the hostel, guest check-in and check-out, processing payments in addition to cash handling, general admin, and attending to guest queries as they arise.
You must have:
– Excellent written and verbal communication skill
– High level organisational and time management skills
– Ability to train, motivate and inspire staff
– The ability to drive the business and work within financial budgets
– Willingness to be accountable and accept responsibility
– Knowledge of ‘Yield Management’ & ‘Online Website Allocations’
– A friendly and enthusiastic manner, with exceptional customer service skills
This is a full time, long term position which may include week end work. Only applicants with the legal right to work in Australia need apply.